Workplace Based Assessments (WPBA)
There are a significant number of WPBAs to complete during your PHEM training – a minimum of 117 across the year.
It is essential that you are familiar with the curriculum requirements and organised in your approach. PHEMTA advises:
- Get started early and seize every opportunity to complete assessments. You will get some completed during the National Induction Course, so make sure you keep these.
- Have forms printed and ready to complete.
- Be proactive. Plan your shift. Identify what assessments you want to complete during the shift and say so early. Approach supervisors before shifts if you need specific things covering.
- Aim to complete an ACAT for every supervised shift. Remember that you will have learning opportunities during that shift (eg. Simulation, case debrief) even if you have a quiet day and see no actual patients.
- You will be expected to complete a local sign off, which may include opportunities for you to complete WPBAs. Keep a record of this sign off.
Back to Trainee Info
Upcoming System Maintenance & Network Disruption
Due to essential systems maintenance and upgrades there will be intermittent interruptions to some on-line services on Saturday 27th of February. There will be further interruption to some core services on Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd of March.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.