Applications for this post have now closed
20 January 2017
Back to News Home
It has become necessary for the faculty to appoint a new Treasurer at short notice.
Any member in good standing, having read the attached job description and able to commit to giving up to a day a week on a flexible basis to the role, is invited to write a short letter to the Hon Secretary explaining why they think they are suitable.
The closing date for applications is 1600 on 31st January.
The applications will then be viewed by the Faculty Executive Officers and the College’s operating officers to enable a suitable appointment to be made.
A short interview may be necessary but this can be done by telephone.
The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care
Job Description for Honorary Treasurer
- Oversee the financial affairs of the Faculty and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the Faculty
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports, which in the main are to the Executive Committee and Faculty Advisory Board
- Liaise with the Chairman, Hon Secretary and the Faculty Manager, and relevant College staff, Faculty Committee Chairs to ensure the financial viability of the Faculty
- Make fellow Faculty staff and members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them as required. (This to include good fiscal management of costs associated with meetings, conferences and consensus days etc.)
- Set and maintain guidelines for the Faculty Expenses Policy
- Set / propose membership fees and changes to membership fees for ratification by the Executive Committee
- Regularly report the financial position of the Faculty at Executive Committee meetings, Faculty Advisory Board and the AGM
- Oversee the production of an annual budget with the Chairman, Hon Secretary and Faculty Manager
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place
- Appraising the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies
- Liaising with the College Finance Director and Finance Department as required