The IBTPHEM National Prehospital Emergency Medicine Inductory Course is an annual seven-day residential course designed specifically for those commencing careers in Prehospital Emergency Medicine (PHEM).
The course focuses on:
• Personal, team and patient safety
• Human factors and Team Resource Management
• Principles of pre-hospital emergency medical care
• Developing and maintaining psychosocial resilience
• The PHEM sub-specialty curriculum
The course is delivered by a multi-professional faculty of experienced PHEM practitioners supported by administrators and guest speakers. The course is residential and all-inclusive with accommodation and meals provided at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Lincoln. The course provides:
• A supportive learning environment and culture
• Over 10 hours of interactive case-based discussions and 30 hours of scenario based teaching
• Part-task and full-immersion simulator based training in different PHEM environments
• Medical and Surgical Skills workshops
• Major incident training
• Work-place based assessments for PHEM sub-specialty trainees
Cost: £2500 per person
The course is open to people working in, or interested in a career in PHEM who are:
• Fully registered doctors of ST4 or above (including Consultants, SAS Doctors and GPs)
• Critical care or trainee critical care paramedics
• Nurses working in acute specialties who have been fully registered for at least 4 years
The course and course venues will be COVID-secure. All delegates and faculty will require to undergo COVID-19 risk assessment. The following basic PPE is required: fluorescent jacket (or ‘flight suit’), gloves, helmet and boots.
To apply please complete the form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you will not be permitted to undertake the course if you do not have sufficient post-registration clinical experience.
Select a year and month from the headings below to view news items from that month.
Due to essential systems maintenance and upgrades there will be intermittent interruptions to some on-line services on Saturday 27th of February. There will be further interruption to some core services on Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd of March.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.×