- You are here:
The Intercollegiate Board for Training in Pre-Hospital Emergency Medicine is responsible for training and assessment in Pre-Hospital Emergency Medicine (PHEM) in the UK on behalf of its parent Colleges.
The GMC approved the transfer of ‘Lead College’ status for the Intercollegiate Board in Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Medicine (IBTPHEM) from the Royal College of Emergency Medicine (RCEM) to RCSEd on the 6 May 2015. This came into effect on 1 January 2016.
The role of the Lead College is to:
- act as the body that is responsible for to the GMC
- ensure that all of the parent specialties and Colleges have appropriate input into proposed changes in curricula and assessment systems and additions to programmes
- undertake other responsibilities that would normally be undertaken by a College
- Secretarial Support
- Budget and Finance administration
- Administration of Pre-hospital Emergency Medicine (PHEM) Trainees
- IT and Web support
Lead College activities are administered through the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care and the Chief Executive's Office.
Key Contacts and Roles:
- GMC liaison and Governance - Callum MacInnes, Head of Governance, Faculties and Special Projects (Chief Executive's Office)
- Financial, Management and systems development - Laura Vermeulen, Faculty Manager (Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care)
- Secretarial Support IBTPHEM Board and Curriculum Committee - Amanda Hamilton, Committee Administrator (Chief Executive's Office)
- Secretarial Support Training Committee - Mariko Dardel Jessop, Faculty Administrator (Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care)
- IBTPHEM Administration and web updates - Mariko Dardel Jessop, Faculty Administrator (Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care)
All of the above can be contacted through the IBTPHEM administrator at the contact details below:
Mariko Dardel Jessop
Phone: Tel +44 (0) 131 527 1732
Upcoming System Maintenance & Network Disruption
Due to essential systems maintenance and upgrades there will be intermittent interruptions to some on-line services on Saturday 27th of February. There will be further interruption to some core services on Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd of March.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.